YORKTOWN - A two-story home in Yorktown was damaged by flames when a fire started in the chimney on Monday.It took firefighters a few hours to put out the flames on Granite Springs Road.No one was home when the blaze broke out. Firefighters say chimney fires are common this time of year. "It's extremely important to have your chimneys cleaned out and have them serviced. They can build up very quickly depending on how much wood you burn and it can definitely create a hazard," says Yorktown Assistant Fire Chief Derek Grisante.(NEWS12)
The homeowner revealed that he was in the process of having the chimney pipe relined. Crews were assisted on scene by the Alpena Police Department, Fire Chief, and Deputy Chief, Fire Marshall, and 4 other members.
WE ARE ON THE RADIO